2020 International Livestock Auctioneer Championships
Thirty-five? Thirty-five? Would you bid a thirty-five? Who's gonna bid it at a thirty-five dollar bid?
The fastest mouths in the west will be at it again this year during the International Livestock Auctioneer Competition in the Nutrien Western Event Centre vying to win the $10,000 cheque that goes to the winner!
Competitors will be judged on rhythm, clarity, voice control, and livestock knowledge, as well as their ability to spot bids and conduct a sale.
Entries open May 1!
|Event Date:||July 11, 2020|
|Early Entry Date:||May 1, 2020 9:00 AM|
|Entry Closing Date:||June 10, 2020|
|Location:||Offsite & Nutrien Western Event Centre|
We are in the process of finalizing our 2020 show schedule. Please check back soon for detailed date information!
Entry Fees & Deadlines
- Entries Open: May 1, 2020
- Entries Close: June 10, 2020
Entry Fee: $350.00 CDN (non-refundable)
- ENTRIES WILL BE CAPPED AT 40 ENTRIES. Entries will be accepted on a first come basis and will be time stamped. Should entries be full when you go to enter, please email email@example.com to be placed on the waitlist in case of cancellations.
- Contestant Biography: Please prepare a short resume in paragraph form (either .doc, .docx or .pdf format) outlining your education and experience in the livestock auctioneer industry. You will be prompted to upload this document when you enter online.
- Rookie Award Eligibility: Please indicate on the entry form if you have been a graduate of an auction school in the past five years. Previous winners are not eligible.
To Submit Your Entry
Please click on the following link: Link will be made available on May 1
- All entries must be completed online and submitted through our online system. Entries will NOT be accepted over the phone, by email or by fax. If you require assistance with online entries please contact our entries office at 403-261-0336 or firstname.lastname@example.org and we will be happy to assist you!
2020 Awards & Prize Money
We are proud to offer the highest prize money for any Livestock Auctioneer Competition in the world!
*All prize money to be paid out in Canadian Funds.
- Champion - $10,000
- Reserve Champion - $2,000
- Third - $1,000
- Fourth - $500
- Fifth thru Tenth - $350
The 10 finalists will be presented with an award for the Final Round, which is held in the Nutrien Western Event Centre Arena on Stampede Park on Saturday, July 11 commencing at 12:00 pm. This is an actual sale of animals that are contributed by Canadian ranchers. Each finalist will sell five drafts including one brand consignment animal and one other consignment.
The finalist selling order will be done on a draw basis, which will be made immediately following the Preliminary Round.
The International Livestock Auctioneer Champion will receive $10,000 in prize money and a custom designed belt buckle.
The Reserve Champion Auctioneer will receive $2,000 in prize money and a custom designed belt buckle.
The top Rookie will be awarded a custom designed belt buckle.
Non-Residents of Canada
Non-residents of Canada will be subjected to a 15% withholding tax on all prize monies awarded as required by the Canadian Revenue Agency. Non-residents of Canada may have the 15% withholding tax waived if they complete the following documents and submit them to the Canadian Revenue Agency.
- Special attention is called to the following:
- Past champions of the International Livestock Auctioneer Competition are not eligible for entry in this contest. Livestock Auctioneers from any country are eligible to compete.
- All contestants will compete in an actual sale, which will be held at Foothills Auction Mart, Stavely, AB on Friday, July 10 commencing at 11:30 am. Each Auctioneer will sell a minimum of four drafts. It is the responsibility of each contestant to start their draft of cattle, market information will be provided for the contestant. The contestants will sell in the order drawn the previous Thursday evening.
- Both the Preliminary and Final Rounds will be judged by the same panel of five judges with the high and low scores being dropped and an average of the remaining three used. The aggregate score of both the Preliminary Round and Final Round will be used to determine the final placings. Preliminary and Final round scores will not be posted; only the end results will be public knowledge.
- The scores will be based on:
- spotting bids
- repartee and timing
- rhythm, clarity and voice control
- livestock knowledge and the ability to conduct a sale
- appearance, mannerisms and deportment.
- In the event of a tie for 10th place in the Preliminary Round, the high and low scores dropped will be used to break the tie. If the scores remain tied, the auctioneers will be asked to sell one more draft each. In the event of a tie in the first four places in the Final Round, the high and low scores will once again be taken into account. If a tie still exists, the high and low scores from the Preliminary Round will be used. If a tie still exists, the auctioneers in question will be asked to sell one more draft each.
- Rookie Award - Please indicate on the entry form if you have been a graduate of an auction school in the past five years (Previous winners are not eligible).
- It is permissible for an employee or owner of the Host Market to compete in the International Livestock Auctioneers Competition, on the year that they are host.
- The International Livestock Auctioneer Sub-Committee reserves the right to decide on any point not covered by the above regulations.
- To Be Determined
Exhibitor Badges (Accreditation)
An official photo accreditation badge will be needed by all those granted complimentary Park access for the 2020 Calgary Stampede. In addition to granting access to Stampede Park, the photo accreditation will indicate which restricted areas each person can enter based on individual requirements. The Agriculture Accreditation badge gives you access to the Grandstand Rush areas for the Rodeo, Chuckwagons, and Evening Show. Accreditation passes must be purchased on the entry application for a fee of $35.00 (inc. GST). These badges are a privilege of the exhibitors, and will be limited.
Exhibitors are responsible for lost or forgotten badges.
The Agriculture Accreditation Badge will be recognized as entry to Stampede Park at all walk through gates for the entire Calgary Stampede, July 3-12, 2020. Accreditation badges will be available for pickup along with your exhibitor package at our Accreditation Trailer located in Lot 25A, accessible via the Nat Christie Gate located at 650 25 Ave SE, Calgary.
The host hotel for the 2020 International Livestock Auctioneers Competition is the Deerfoot Inn and Casino.
- To book your room, please call the Reservations Department, toll-free at 1-888-875-4667
- Email: email@example.com
Delegates must identify themselves as being with the International Livestock Auctioneers Competitors. Please note the room block is first come first serve and is available only until June 8th!