2019 International Livestock Auctioneer Championships
Entries Open April 15th!
Thirty-five? Thirty-five? Would you bid a thirty-five? Who's gonna bid it at a thirty-five dollar bid?
The fastest mouths in the west will be at it again this year during the International Livestock Auctioneer Competition in the Nutrien Western Event Centre vying to win the $10,000 cheque that goes to the winner!
Competitors will be judged on rhythm, clarity, voice control, and livestock knowledge, as well as their ability to spot bids and conduct a sale.
ENTRIES WILL BE CAPPED AT 40 ENTRIES. Entries will be accepted on a first come basis.
Should entries be full when you go to enter, please email firstname.lastname@example.org to be placed on the waitlist in case of cancellations.
|Event Dates:||July 11–13, 2019|
|Entry Closing Date:||June 12, 2019 4:00 PM|
|Location:||Offsite & Nutrien Western Event Centre|
Thursday, July 11: Contestant Reception, Location TBA
Friday, July 12: Preliminaries, Foothills Auction Inc., Stavely, AB
Saturday, July 13: Finals, Nutrien Western Event Centre, Stampede Park
The entry fee is $350.00 Canadian Funds (non-refundable).
All entries must be completed online. All entry fees will be allocated to prize money, G.S.T. not applicable. Facsimiled or mailed entries will no longer be accepted.
ENTRIES WILL BE CAPPED AT 40 ENTRIES. Entries will be accepted on a first come basis and will be time stamped. Should entries be full when you go to enter, please email email@example.com to be placed on the waitlist in case of cancellations.
*Please send a completed accreditation form to firstname.lastname@example.org or fax to (403)410-4549. Be sure to purchase the corresponding number of passes you require when you enter online.
**Please upload a short resume in paragraph form (either .doc, .docx, or .pdf format) outlining your education and experience in the livestock auctioneer industry. You will be prompted for this upload when you enter online.
TO SUBMIT YOUR ENTRY please click the following link: https://calgarytenday.fairmanager.com
INTERNATIONAL EXHIBITORS/COMPETITOR INFORMATION
Anyone entering Canada must have a valid Passport.
Non-residents of Canada will be subject to a 15% withholding tax on all prize monies awarded as required by the Canada Revenue Agency (CRA). Non-residents of Canada may apply to the CRA to have the 15% withholding tax returned. To file a claim with the CRA, complete and submit the following information:
- Past champions of the International Livestock Auctioneer Competition are not eligible for entry in this contest. Livestock Auctioneers from any country are eligible to compete.
- All contestants will compete in an actual sale, which will be held at Foothills Auction Mart, Stavely, AB on Friday, July 12 commencing at 11:30 am. Each Auctioneer will sell a minimum of four drafts. It is the responsibility of each contestant to start their draft of cattle, market information will be provided for the contestant. The contestants will sell in the order drawn the previous Thursday evening.
- Both the Preliminary and Final Rounds will be judged by the same panel of five judges with the high and low scores being dropped and an average of the remaining three used. The aggregate score of both the Preliminary Round and Final Round will be used to determine the final placings. Preliminary and Final round scores will not be posted; only the end results will be public knowledge.
- The scores will be based on:
- spotting bids
- repartee and timing
- rhythm, clarity and voice control
- livestock knowledge and the ability to conduct a sale
- appearance, mannerisms and deportment.
- In the event of a tie for 10th place in the Preliminary Round, the high and low scores dropped will be used to break the tie. If the scores remain tied, the auctioneers will be asked to sell one more draft each. In the event of a tie in the first four places in the Final Round, the high and low scores will once again be taken into account. If a tie still exists, the high and low scores from the Preliminary Round will be used. If a tie still exists, the auctioneers in question will be asked to sell one more draft each.
- Rookie Award - Please indicate on the entry form if you have been a graduate of an auction school in the past five years (Previous winners are not eligible).
- It is permissible for an employee or owner of the Host Market to compete in the International Livestock Auctioneers Competition, on the year that they are host.
- The International Livestock Auctioneer Committee reserves the right to decide on any point not covered by the above regulations.
An official accreditation pass will be needed by all those requiring park access for the 2019 Stampede and all future Stampedes. In addition to granting access to Stampede Park, the photo accreditation will indicate which restricted areas each person can enter based on individual requirements. Accreditation is year specific, and a new pass will be issued each year. The Agriculture Accreditation pass gives you access to the Grandstand Rush areas for the Rodeo, Chuckwagons, and Evening Show. The pass must be purchased on the entry application for a fee of $35.00 (G.S.T. included) each. These badges are a privilege of the exhibitors, and will be limited. Exhibitors are responsible for lost or forgotten badges.
The host hotel for the 2018 International Livestock Auctioneers Competition is the Deerfoot Inn and Casino.
To book your room, please call the Reservations Department, toll-free at 1-888-875-4667
Delegates must identify themselves as being with the International Livestock Auctioneers Competition.
For more information, please contact Julie Garvey, Agriculture Programming Manager 403.261.0127, email: email@example.com
Scott McKinnon (Sub-Chair), Connie Hykaway (1st Vice-Chair), Bryan Danard , Marty Ward (Past Chair), Alison Mosca, Rob Bergevin, Dale Dola, Tanya Hagel, Ben Payne, Chance Martin, Greg Sanderson, Dan Skeels, Ron Ward, and Dave Lantz (CS Director Liaison), David Farran (Livestock Competitions Chair)
Melissa McKay (Competitions Manager), Julie Garvey (Agriculture Programming Manager)