BMO Farm Family Awards
Every year, the Calgary Stampede and BMO Bank of Montreal recognize outstanding farm families in southern Alberta for their contributions and commitment to agriculture and their communities. The awards program was created to value these farm families who best typify the value of the family farmer to our society, as well as celebrate families who take an innovative approach to growing their business, demonstrate a commitment to traditional western values and maintain an excpetional standard of sustainability. Each year, the municipal districts in southern Alberta nominate one family. The families are brought to the Stampede for the BMO Farm Family Awards, which includes a reception, greetings from Alberta's Minister of Agriculture, brunch, awards presentation, and family photograph session. The winning families are then treated to an afternoon Stampede Rodeo performance. The 2018 BMO Farm Family Awards will be held on Monday, July 9 at the Palomino Room in the BMO Centre.
|Event Date:||July 9, 2018|
This invitational reception will begin at 10 a.m. on Monday, July 9, 2018 and will take place at the Palomino Room in the BMO Centre, Stampede Park, Calgary.
To name and recognize outstanding Albertan farm families in the municipal districts south of Red Deer.
Purpose of Award:
- to recognize oustanding contributions that farm familes make to their communities
- to celebrate families who take an innovative approach to gorwing their business, demonstrate commitment to traditional western values and maintain exceptional standard of sustainability
- to increase the awareness of the high ideals of the way of life in agriculture and rural citizenship
- farm families must be actively involved in both agriculture and their community
- agriculture must provide the major source of income
- must be active in primary agriculture and have members residing on farm
Alberta Agriculture Service Board representatives from the various southern Alberta districts/ municipalities
What happens next:
All nominees are honored at the Farm Family Award Ceremonies held in conjunction with the Calgary Stampede. It is at the ceremony and brunch that the families meet with BMO Bank of Montreal representatives, government officials, Calgary Stampede Board Members, and Stampede Royalty. Each family member receives free admission to the park, a Farm Family Awards limited edition pin, and an afternoon rodeo ticket. Professional family photographs will be taken and each family will be presented with a personalized farm gate sign.
Nominations for the 2018 Farm Family Awards are still being received and we will post the recipients later this Spring.