Aggie Days Extreme Cowboy Race
This event has passed
Please see the up to date event schedule for current events
Calgary Stampede Aggie Days Extreme Cowboy Race
April 9, 2017
*Agrium Western Event Centre, Stampede Park
The Calgary Stampede is excited to once again be hosting an Aggie Days Extreme Cowboy Race.
The Extreme Cowboy Race, founded by famed horseman Craig Cameron, is a multi-faceted equestrian sporting event that showcases both horse and rider as they maneuver through a series of obstacles demonstrating both their amazing horsemanship skills and incredible speed.
This is an ideal opportunity to experience the Extreme Cowboy style of racing - in front of a large and appreciative Aggie Days crowd in the Agrium Western Event Center; on a course that will include some of the "Cowboy Up " obstacles; and, for those that aspire to compete with the world's best, an opportunity to audition for consideration as an invitee for a future Calgary Stampede Cowboy Up Challenge. To help riders qualify for the World Show, this event has been approved as a double point show.
Two competitive class options will be offered:
Primarily designed for EXCA Pro Riders and accomplished EXCA Non Pro and Senior Youth riders.
Primarily designed to accommodate those that show in the Non Pro Division as well as accomplished riders in the EXCA Ride Smart, Senior Youth and Intermediate Divisions.
*EXCA competitors may designate which division they wish their points to be allocated to. Points can only be allocated to any division once.
*A rider may enter two horses and they may enter both classes if eligible.
*This Race is sanctioned by the Extreme Cowboy Association (EXCA); World Finals points will be earned for EXCA members in good standing. The competition is only open to EXCA members.
*Youth riders must be 13 years or older and experienced EXCA competitors.
Entry Deadline: Friday, March 31, 2017 - 4 P.M.
Entries will be limited. Entry deadline may close prior to March 31, 2017.
If an excess of entries occurs, both skill level and date of entry may be used to select the successful competitors. Early entry is encouraged.
Everyone is invited to come down and discover this exciting new sport being showcased in the Agrium Western Event Center in conjunction with Aggie Days.
Sunday, April 9, 2017 - 12:00 p.m.
Admission to Aggie Days is Free!
Important event information updated January 18, 2017
Watch the Live Feed here:
|Event Date:||April 9, 2017|
|Move in Date:||April 9, 2017 8:00 AM|
|Release Date:||April 9, 2017 7:00 PM|
|Entry Closing Date:||March 31, 2017 4:00 PM|
|Location:||Agrium Western Event Centre|
Entry Fees: $130 per horse
*Entry fees include 1 parking pass for entry into stampede park, a day stall in the Agriculture Barn and EXCA show fees for accumulating double points.
Prize Money Payout:
Non Pro Division
1st Place – 40%
2nd Place – 30%
3rd Place – 20%
4th Place – 10%
Entry Fee Includes:
(1) Stall – Sunday day stalling only
- Special attention is called to the following:
IAFE code of ethics
- Proper western dress is required, jeans, long sleeve western shirt, cowboy boots and cowboy hat (helmets are permissible).
- Order of go for the races will be decided by draw on Wednesday, April 5, 2017.
- Awards will be presented at the end of the competition on Sunday, April 9, 2017.
- This event is open to horses, ponies, and mules of any breed registry and non-registered/grade horses.
- The crowd and music at the event are considered to be part of the course, and each competitor acknowledges that the crowd and music may be a distraction to his/her horse.
- There will be zero tolerance for an inhumane treatment of horses while in the show arena or on the grounds. Any such action will be caused for disqualification and the forfeiture of all entry fees and any prize money. Inhumane treatment includes, but is not limited to, excessive jerking, pulling, kicking, slapping or whipping.
- If entry is cancelled, all fees will be forfeited. Substitutions will be allowed for the following reasons only:
In the case of a disabling injury to the horse, the contestant must furnish a certificate from a qualified Veterinarian declaring the horse disabled and unable to compete. Such certificate must be in the hands of the Show management prior to the start of the contest.
In the case of a disabling injury to the rider, or serious sickness or death in his/her family, Show management must be advised in writing prior to the start of the contest.
If you require clarification or have any concerns regarding the above information, please call (403) 261-9316.
Premise ID Number#: AA02VQXC3
- Special attention is called to the following:
Peter Fraser & Kim Hazlett
Judging guidelines will be based on the Extreme Cowboy Association (EXCA) system.
If you have any questions or require any further information please call 403.261.9316 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org