Team Cattle Penning Competitions
This event has passed
Please see the up to date event schedule for current events
Do you qualify for the ELITE WESTERN RIDER AWARD?
The Calgary Stampede Elite Western Rider Award was created in celebration of the three western performance horse events offered at Stampede: the Calgary Stampede Team Cattle Penning Competition, the Calgary Stampede Cutting Horse Competition, and the Calgary Stampede Working Cow Horse Classic. Each of which, serves to continue the tradition of excellence in working cow horses. The Elite Western Rider Award recognizes the achievements of horsemen and women in dedicating their skills and talents to the versatility of the western performance horse.
|Event Dates:||July 1–5, 2015|
|Substitution Date:||June 20, 2015 10:00 AM|
|Entry Closing Date:||May 25, 2015 4:00 PM|
|Location:||Offsite & Saddledome|
** V.S. Outbreak Information - updated June 4, 2015
It has been reported that Vesicular Stomatitis (V.S.) has been identified in the State of Arizona, New Mexico, Texas and Utah by the USDA. V.S. is a vesicular disease of horses, cattle and pigs caused by vesiculoviruses of the family Rhabdoviridae. This disease is clinically indistinguishable from foot and mouth disease. V.S. is seen sporadically in the USA. V.S. historically occurred in all regions of the country but since the 1980s have been limited to western states and occurs seasonally, usually May through October. We are encouraging our competitors with horses in the USA to make the appropriate arrangements to allow you to compete at the 2015 Calgary Stampede.
When your horse(s) leave an infected state, even if you have only driven through an infected state without unloading your horse(s), your horses will be considered as having been in an infected state. Once in an uninfected state it will be in your best interest to do the follow things:
- Get documentation such as a brand inspection or Vet certificate upon arriving at your destination outside of an infected state.
- Have new USDA Health Certificate issued from a non-infected state
- Teams will be posted to this website for review of any errors or omissions prior to the draw. Changes made prior to the draw at 10:00 am on Friday, June 12, 2015 will be at no charge. Riders and teams will be bound by their position in the draw.
- Changes to team members or substitutions after Friday, June 12 will be at a charge of $100 per change. After 8:00 am on Friday, June 19 there will be no further changes permitted.
- All changes must be recorded by the entry office and the fee paid prior to entering the arena.
- Each team must remain unique to all others in the competition and must adhere to the five (5) ride maximum per class rule. Failure to do so will result in a disqualified ride.
- The decision of the Western Performance Horse Committee on substitutions is final.
Wednesday, July 1, 2015
Qualifying for round two (2) will be run as follows:
|Number of Teams Competing in Class||Number of Teams Advancing to the Second Round|
|Less than 100 teams||
Half back up to a maximum of 50 teams will advance to the second round
|101 – 160 teams||
50 teams will advance to the second round
|161 – 200 teams||
60 teams will advance to the second round
|201 – 240 teams||
70 teams will advance to the second round
|More than 240 teams||
80 teams will advance to the second round
There are four classes offered at the 2015 Calgary Stampede: Open, 14, 10 and 7 Classes.
There is a one time initial entry fee per team. No additional fees will be charged to teams qualifying for round three.
Substitution Fee: $100.00
NSF Charges: $150.00 additional charge on all delinquent payments.
Please enter team members in alphabetical order by last name in the descriptive field.
*Individual invoices will be mailed. Payment must be received by June 19, 2015.
The The Calgary Stampede Team Cattle Penning Competitions pay out in excess of $200,000 cash and awards over all four classes. Estimated payouts (based on projected entries of 430 teams overall) are set at an estimated payout of 73% for the 7 and 10 classes, 76% for the 14 class and 79% for the Open class (higher % payouts reflecting higher entry fees). Prizes and awards are determined by four run aggregate.
$1,000 will be paid out to each of the four teams that lead the respective classes after the Qualifier.
Trophy buckles will be awarded to each member of the Champion team in all classes, Reserve Champion team members will receive trophy blankets.
Team members will receive individual prize money payments by mail after the event is completed.
1. Special attention is called to the following:2. Each entrant can enter a maximum of five (5) times in each class.3. Each team must change out one rider in a class.
4. The Team Coordinator and each team member must be declared at the time of entry.5. The completed entry form (including contact information for each rider) must be received in the Agriculture Entries Office by the listed dates. Entries not complying with the requirements will be rejected.6. Each team member must sign a waiver prior to entering the arena.7. Waivers will be made available at the arena entry desk. This waiver will apply to both the Qualifier event and the Calgary Stampede Team Cattle Penning Semi Finals and Finals.8. ENTRIES WILL BE ACCEPTED ONLINE ONLY. ENTRIES WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED OVER THE PHONE.
9. If an entry is cancelled all fees will be forfeited.10. Should a qualified team choose not to advance in any round; the next best placing team will be offered the opportunity to proceed. For those competitors coming from the US, please take the time to familiarize yourself with the Canadian Team Cattle Penning Association Rules.11. There will be zero tolerance of any inhumane treatment of horses/cattle while in the show arena or on the competition grounds. Any such action will be cause for disqualification and forfeiture of any prize monies earned. Inhumane treatment includes but is not limited to excessive jerking, pulling, kicking, slapping or whipping.12. The Western Performance Horse committee reserves the right to alter the above rules, number of cross-entries, entry deadlines, payouts etc. Any such changes will be posted on this website.13. No person or organization may distribute flyers, post billings, display logos or provide information of any kind at any Calgary Stampede event which promote organizations, associations or companies which are not affiliated with the Calgary Stampede or its corporate partners without the prior written permission of the Calgary Stampede. Such information may be destroyed without prior notice.RATINGS:
Click Here for International competitor information
- All entrants must hold a valid 2015 membership with either the USTPA or CTCPA.
- Any entrant who is not rated by the USTPA or CTCPA in 2015 must contact Tammy Evans (403)931-2795, in advance to receive their CTCPA rating (no added cost).
- Any penner rated by the CTCPA for 2014 will be required to use that rating.
- Any USTPA penner with a 2015 rating of 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, or 6 will be required to move their rating up one number to match the CTCPA (i.e. a USTPA rating 2 is the same as a CTCPA 3 rating). For more information please contact Tammy Evans (403) 931-2795.
A 60 second time limit will apply for all classes.
"Once a cut off time has been established, the announcer will let each team know when the time has been exceeded. We encourage all teams to save time and cattle by tipping their hats."
OAS Arrival and Parking Information
Stampede Park Arrival Information
Entry to Stampede Park is through the Nat Christie Gate off 25th Avenue SE. Competitors will be parked in the Scotiabank Saddledome Lot C, as per previous years. Please follow the instructions of the parking attendants.
Daily parking passes for the Scotiabank Saddledome Parking Lot C will be provided to competitors (one per team entered). Please note there is no overnight parking or stalling on Stampede Park. Competitors are asked not to arrive any more than three hours before the posted event start time and must vacate the parking area within two hours following the competition.
An official photo accreditation badge will be required by all competitors to access Stampede Park for the 2015 Calgary Stampede. A new accreditation must be issued each year. In addition to granting you access to Stampede Park, the Agriculture Accreditation badge gives you access to the Grandstand Rush areas for the Rodeo, Chuckwagons, and Evening Show. The badge must be purchased on the entry form for a fee of $30.00 (G.S.T. included). These badges are a privilege of the exhibitors, and will be limited. Exhibitors are responsible for lost or forgotten badges.
**Please note there is no overnight stalling on Stampede Park
The Team Cattle Penning Competitions will be conducted by the Calgary Stampede Western Performance Horse Committee.
All disputes will be dealt with by the Calgary Stampede Western Performance Horse Committee and their decision in all matters shall be final.