Calgary Stampede Spring Extreme Cowboy Race
This event has passed
Please see the up to date event schedule for current events
Calgary Stampede Extreme Cowboy Race
April 22, 2012
Stampede Corral, Stampede Park
The Calgary Stampede is excited to be hosting a Spring Extreme Cowboy Race.
The Extreme Cowboy Race founded by famed horseman Craig Cameron is a multi-faceted equestrian sporting event that showcases both horse and rider as they maneuver through a series of obstacles demonstrating both their amazing horsemanship skills and incredible speed.
Everyone is invited to come down and discover this exciting new sport being showcased in the Stampede Corral in conjunction with Aggie Days.
Sunday, April 22, 2012
Admission to Aggie Days is complimentary
|Event Date:||April 22, 2012|
|Move in Date:||April 22, 2012 8:00 AM|
|Release Date:||April 22, 2012 4:00 PM|
|Entry Closing Date:||April 2, 2012 4:00 PM|
Schedule updated: April 10, 2012
SUNDAY, APRIL 22, 2012
9:00 am - 1:00 pm - Warm Up Area Available - Big Top
11:15 am - Novice Race - Walk Course, Corral
11:30 am - Novice Race - Starts - Corral
Open Race to follow
Pre-registration is required for this event. Entry deadline is April 2, 2012.
Each rider may only enter one horse.
Please indicate on entry form which division you wish to participate in. The Novice division is generally intended for riders who are relatively inexperienced in competing both in Extreme Cowboy Race events and mounted equine competitions in general. Riders that have competed for more than two years in other cowboy type races are encouraged to enter the Open division of this contest. Event organizers reserve the right to place any entry in the division which helps best maintain a level playing field and the spirit of fair competition.
This race is not sanctioned by EXCA so World Finals points will not be earned.
All competition times are tentative and subject to change; any changes will be posted to this website.
Entry Fees: $125 per entry
70% of the entry fees collected will be jackpotted to create the prize payouts for each division.
Payouts for each division will be awarded based on the below calculations:
1st Place - 40%
2nd Place- 25%
3rd Plac e - 15%
4th Place - 10%
5th Place - 10%
*Riders must be 18 years or older.
Entry Deadline: Monday, April 2, 2012 at 4:00 pm. Space is limited.
Entry Fee Includes:
(1) Stall - Sunday day stalling only
(1) Parking Pass per competitor
1. Special attention is called to the following:
2. Proper western dress is required, jeans, long sleeve western shirt, cowboy boots and cowboy hat (helmets are permissible).
3. Order of go for the races will be decided by draw on Saturday, April 21, 2012.
4. Awards will be presented at the end of the competition on Sunday, April 22, 2012.
5. This event is open to horses, ponies, and mules of any breed registry and non-registered/grade horses.
6. The crowd at the event is considered to be part of the course, and each competitor acknowledges that the crowd may be a distraction to his/her horse.
7. There will be zero tolerance of any inhumane treatment of horses while in the show arena or on the show grounds. Any such action will be cause for disqualification and the forfeiture of all entry fees and any prize money. Inhumane treatment includes, but is not limited to, excessive jerking, pulling, kicking, slapping or whipping.
8. If entry is cancelled, all fees will be forfeited. Substitutions will be allowed for the following reasons only:
- In the case of a disabling injury to the horse, the contestant must furnish a certificate from a qualified Veterinarian declaring the horse disabled and unable to compete. Such certificate must be in the hands of the Show management prior to the start of the contest.
- In the case of a disabling injury to the rider, or serious sickness or death in his/her family, Show Management must be advised in writing prior to the start of the contest.
If you require clarification or you have concerns about the previous information, please contact Agriculture Administration at (403) 261-0127.
Premise ID Number #: AA02VQXC3
Judges: Peter Fraser & Kim Hazlett
Judging guidelines will be based on the Extreme Cowboy Association system.