Show schedule updated: January 5, 2012
Tuesday, March 20, 2012
12:00 pm - Move In Starts
Wednesday, March 21, 2012
12:00 pm - Move In Starts
7:00 pm - Exhibitor's Meeting - North Barn
Thursday, March 22, 2012
5:30 pm Youth Dairy Cattle Judging Workshop - presented by BFL Canada Insurance Services Inc. Click here for registration form.
Friday March 23, 2012
7:00 am - Exhibitors Breakfast
8:30 am - Jersey Show
12:00 pm - Heifer Sale
Saturday, March 24, 2012
7:00 am - Exhibitor Breakfast
8:30 am - Holstein Show
*Showmanship Classes - immediately following Junior & Reserve Champion Presentations
4:00 pm - Exhibitor Awards Banquet - We encourage you to order your tickets in advance as there is a limited number of tickets available - cost $15.00 per person.
The Calgary Stampede Dairy Classic requires a licence to ship milk. The organizing committee would like to remind you that all equipment brought to and used at the show needs to meet the same standards that are maintained on your farms. Thank you in advance for your cooperation.
Unlimited overall entries per exhibitor.
1. Winter Calf Class - must be born after December 1, 2011.
2. Senior Heifer Calf Class - born September 1 to November 30, 2011.
3. Summer Yearling Heifer - born June 1 to August 31, 2011.
4. Junior Yearling Heifer - born March 1 to May 31, 2011.
5. Intermediate Yearling Heifer - born December 1, 2010 to February 28, 2011.
6. Senior Yearling Heifer - born September 1 to November 30, 2010.
7. Red & White Junior Champion and Reserve Junior Champion - Ribbons and prizes only.
8. Junior Champion and Reserve Junior Champion - Ribbons and prizes only.
9. Two Year Old Female - born September 1, 2009 to August 31, 2010.
10. Jersey Three Year Old Female - born September 1, 2008 to August 31, 2009. In milk, dry, or not calved for the first time.
11. Holstein Junior Three Year Old - born March 1 to August 31, 2009.
12. Holstein Senior Three Year Old - born September 1, 2008 to February 28, 2009.
13. Four Year Old Female - born September 1, 2007 to August 31, 2008.
14. Five Year Old Female - born September 1, 2006 to August 31, 2007.
15. Mature Cow - born prior to September 1, 2006.
16. Red & White Grand Champion and Reserve Champion
17. Grand Champion and Reserve Champion
18. Breeders Herd - a Breeders Herd will consist of a group of three animals in which the exhibitor must have bred all three animals and own at least one of the group. The registration certificate for at least one animal must show the exhibitor as both breeder and as owner - in both cases as an individual or in partnership. In other words, the exhibitor may be a joint owner of an animal. No Entry Fee. Ribbons Only.
19. Progeny of Dam - Two animals. Dam may be named at the time of entry. Ribbons only. No entry fee.
SHOWMANSHIP CLASSES No entry fee. Showmanship is open to anyone exhibiting or working with dairy cattle. Contestants will be judged according on the following criteria: Showing of animal - 60 points Condition of animal - 30 points Appearance of exhibitor - 10 points Showmanship entries can be submitted at the time of cattle entry, or at the Show Office by 12:00 noon on Wednesday, March 21, 2012. The exhibitors name and age must be listed on the Entry Form. Animal of any age may be shown.
20. Pee-Wee Showmanship - Less than 8 years of age as of January 1st, 2012.
21. Junior Showmanship - Ages 8 to 12 years as of January 1st, 2012.
22. Intermediate Showmanship - Ages 13 to 17 years as of January 1st, 2012.
23. Senior Showmanship - Ages 18 to 21 years as of January 1st, 2012.
YOUTH JUDGING CLINIC - presented by BFL Canada Insurance Services Inc. Thursday, March 22, 2012 - 5:30 pm - 7:30 pm The Calgary Stampede Dairy Classic Committee is pleased to offer an enhanced youth judging workshop at this year's show. The workshop is open to all youth and is a great chance to improve your judging skills before this years multi-judging competitions begin. Participants will have the opportunity to learn how to judge a class of top quality milking cows, a class of dairy heifers and how to give reasons with instruction from some of the best dairy people and judges in the industry. This clinic will start in the International Room at 5:30 pm and then move down to the North Barn both venues are located in the Agriculture Building at Stampede Park. Click here for registration form.
No entry fee. The herdsman competition will automatically be entered if five head or more are exhibited. Exhibitors with less than five head may enter if they join with another exhibitor to make up five head or more. (Please indicate on entry form if this is the case.) Presented for the best display, (not including quality of cattle exhibited) on the following basis: General neatness of exhibit area and grooming of animals - 50 points Courtesy of attendants and knowledge of information - 30 points Basic decoration and quality of display (frivolous decorations will not be considered) - 20 points
The displays will be judged Thursday, March 22 from 9:00 am to 9:00 pm and Friday, March 23 from 9:00 am to 9:00 pm and Saturday, March 24 from 9:00 am to 2:00 pm. Announcement and presentation of the Herdsman award will be made at the Exhibitor Awards Banquet on Saturday, March 24. Prize Money:
1st - $250, 2nd - $150, 3rd - $100